Who should attend?
An MPW contains content that is appropriate to Application Developers, Database, Administrators, System Administrators, Architects, IT decision makers, and Project Managers. For DB2 10 MPW, the overview has been restructured to focus on Application Development topics early in the presentation. Systems oriented topics are near the end and continue into the Migration presentation.
What you can expect?
- An understanding of the features delivered with DB2 10 and how they can benefit your enterprise.
- Clarity of the migration process.
- References for many subjects, including:
- Prerequisites & preparations.
- You will leave with:
- Presentation materials.
- Project plan framework.
- Networking and Contacts.
DB2 10 sets the stage to “give back”. Many infrastructure and optimization changes may provide performance improvement “out of the box”. DB2 also continues to deliver industry leading design, SQL, and utility enhancements for business critical legacy and modern workloads.
- The past, present, future, and audit. These are all important concepts to an application point in time information. DB2 10 is a Bitemporal Database, enforcing Business Time and System Time.
- DB2 9 introduced pureXML. DB2 10 takes this to the next level with performance and functional enhancements.
- On line schema evolution is expanded to include many table space options, including the support for changing several table space types.
- The DB2 10 optimizer brings many usability and performance benefits, including statement cache reuse for SQL with literals, statement level optimization hints, and much more.
- New index design and insert processing enhancements.
- Expanded timestamp and time zone support.
- The advances in SQL and optimization provide more reasons to run your analytical processing in DB2.
- Potential for significantly more thread support & possible member consolidation.
- Enhanced distributed processing performance, including High Performance DBATs.
May be adjusted for special circumstances.
Lunch will be provided.
Topic Focus Areas:
- DB2 10 for z/OS Overview.
- DB2 9 Recap (For those migrating from V8).
- Application Development focused topics.
- SQL & Application Access.
- Temporal (Versioned Data).
- Advanced Design Features.
- Transitional Topics.
- Optimization Evolution.
- Index Improvements.
- Security Enhancements.
- Data Sharing.
- Distributed Communications.
- Systems oriented topics.
- Virtual Storage.
- Serviceability / Instrumentation.
- DB2 10 Migration.
- Review of V8 to V10 & V9 to V10.