Introduction Free of Charge.
- Versioning of information expands beyond temporal management into archiving of data.
- Online schema evolution continues to provide more ways to enhance database designs while maintaining information availability.
- The DB2 11 optimizer provides insights into the statistics it needs to make the best decisions.
- The DPSI is back with enhanced optimization and parallelism.
- The Native SQL Procedures Language keeps getting better. Have you been looking for an array? Look at DB2 11.
- DB2 for z/OS SQL, aided by industry leading optimization, continues to push transactional performance and expands native analytical capability with new Group By options and integration with Big Data via Hadoop.
- Distributed communications are a blast. Literally. Learn about this new communication protocol.
- Do you use external security? It now communicates with DB2.
- DB2 11 provides flexible paths to expand RBA / LRSNs, assisting Data Sharing high volume insert processing and eliminating logging restrictions.
What is the Migration Planning Workshop (MPW)?
- One-day, comprehensive review of the capabilities, considerations, preparations, and project planning for DB2 11.
- This offering enables customers to understand the breadth of features delivered in DB2 for z/OS versions.
- The enhanced migration process is explained.
- Leave the session with materials that you can use to start your installation / migration immediately, or in the future.
This session is offered free of charge. Complimentary refreshments including tea, coffee and lunch will be provided. However, participants are responsible for their own business travel expenses.