Open to customers considering an IDAA purchase in 2017
Dates (2 days): Monday and Tuesday, February 27th and 28th, 2017
Class Times: 9:00am – 4:00pm (continental breakfast served between 8:30am-9:00am)
Cost: Class is *free*; attendees are responsible for travel and lodging expenses
Instructor: Frank Fillmore
Location: The Radisson at Cross Keys, 5100 Falls Rd, Baltimore, MD 21210, (410) 532-6900
Join us for this refreshed class that includes material explaining why you should have an IDAA and how to use it, as well as new ways to extend your System z’s processing capabilities to the cloud and into the new world of HTAP – Hybrid Transaction Analytic Processing.
- New in IDAA v6.1 – the architecture, cloud option, support for R functions, and dashDB
- Assessment tools to support acquisition: Workload Assessment, Client Value Engagement, PoC
- Positioning IDAA within your organization with the most valuable use case
Lab 1: Basic IDAA Activities
- Data Studio / IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio GUI
- Table acceleration
- Query processing and analysis
Enhancing Value to the IDAA with the IBM Tools Ecosystem
- Assessment: What is the workload that would benefit from being accelerated?
- Optimization: How do I monitor and optimize a workload to take advantage of the Accelerator?
- Administration: Can I manage the Accelerator more effectively?
Lab 2: Advanced IDAA Exploitation
- Incremental Update: keeping accelerated data in sync with DB2 for z/OS OLTP
- High Performance Storage Saver (HPSS): store archival data only on IDAA
- Accelerating Static SQL workloads