IBM Db2 - The Ultimate Database for Cloud, Analytics & Mobile
Did you miss Terry Purcell present the webcast yesterday Title:- "Real Time Analytics Query Performance with DB2 for z/OS" ? Don't worry it is available on replay. Listen to this top preforming webcast anytime, any place using any device. Just Click here to access the recording: http://ow.ly/VCVfY.
We had nearly 800 registrations so this is another record…Continue
Added by Surekha Parekh on February 24, 2016 at 12:06 — No Comments
IBM DB2 for z/OS in the age Of cloud computing
Reliability, availability, security and mobility
• Highly virtualized server that supports mixed workloads
• Self-serving capabilities in private, membership or hybrid cloud environments
• Divisional support of responsibilities
• Customized implementations to suit…Continue
Added by Surekha Parekh on February 22, 2016 at 12:00 — No Comments
DB2 11 for z/OS offers document storage support for JSON. The JSON data is stored internally as BSON (Binary-encoded Serialization of JSON) in inline BLOB column.
DB2 11 for z/OS provides the following SQL APIs to manipulate JSON data:
“As time goes by…..” DB2 for z/OS continues to enhance support for temporal data. Since the availability of the initial temporal support with DB2 10 for z/OS, the functionality has been extended several times. The subject of this article is one of the temporal extensions, the temporal special registers, introduced in DB2 11 for z/OS. The temporal special registers allow you to easily “travel in time” as you run a query, and they are especially useful with packaged…Continue
Added by Claire McFeely on February 11, 2016 at 20:38 — No Comments
I keep getting asked "Why is Spark so popular?" My view is it comes down to addressing Four major requirements :
(1) Easy access to the right data - spark abstracts a lot of complexities when accessing data and handles it in a uniform way using Resilient Distributed Data Sets and DataFrames - more on this in other blogs. It can access local and remote data - depends on how critical performance is.
(2) Cognitive capabilities - the machine learning capabilities enables Spark…Continue
Added by Mark Simmonds on February 9, 2016 at 17:05 — No Comments