We're proud to announce that Db2 12 for z/OS function level 505 becomes available for activation when you apply APAR PH09191. Function level 505 introduces the following new capabilities in Db2 12 for z/OS.
- Improved Hybrid Transactional Analytical Processing performance
- Rebind phase-in for packages being used for execution
- New built-in functions for encryption and decryption using key labels
- Improved support of the DECFLOAT data type
- Improved RUNSTATS performance with automatic page sampling by default
- Temporal and archive transparency support for WHEN clause on triggers
For the full story, see "Announcing Db2 12 function level 505!" over in the Db2 for z/OS News from the Lab blog.