Agenda for the next 11th PDUG conference is ready! DB2 users and the best IBM and CA lab specialists will share their practical knowledge with us in Wroclaw (Poland) on 27-28 September. We plan two workshops on both LUW and z/OS tracks.
Link to Agenda
During the 11th PDUG conference, we will find:
- DB2 GuruDB2 (# GuruDB2) and our godfather - John Campbell of the IBM Silicon Valley lab, will present the migration experience to the new release - the DB2 12 z/OS and traditionally about memory in DB2.
- Steve Thomas from CA Technologies will share knowledge on how to improve dynamic SQL performance and how to use new partitioning in DB2 12 z / OS.
- Jacek Rafalak and Michael Kalous of CA Technologies - very interesting topic on how to use BACKUP SYSTEM, and what is probably more important than how to make a correct RESTORE.
- Michał Białecki IBM lab – how can you stabilize SQL
- Yun Jie Fang IBM lab, and what DB2 optimizer has to say about your statistics
- HIT of this DB2 z/OS track, a workshop with Omegamon Performance Expert for DB2 z / OS, will be led by Matthias Tschafler of Rocket Software, on the second day of the conference.
**** ATTENTION - Necessary Conditions for Participating in the Omegamon Workshop *****:
Charged batteries in your laptops for min 2h work
Installed VPN (downloadable from PDUG pages Materials tab/11 conference-Wroclaw 2017/ZOS/ Omegamon)
Fill out the polls to select the workout topics in the workshop and to generate the correct number of users on the demo system.
- Kamil Kuduk will tell you about the interior of the DB2 LUW, which is what's going on in I/O.
- Mark Murnane what's new in new version DB2 v11
- Marcin Marczewski on replication in DB2.
- Jan Nelken on HTAP
- Pavel Sustr on the adventures with tablespace
- Tomek Kraszucki from Asseco will tell you how to migrate from DB2 z / OS to LUW.
On the second day at the LUW track - in the morning the workshop will be led by Pavel Sustr from the Toronto lab, where we will learn to diagnose various issues in DB2 LUW.
In the afternoon, Les King, from the IBM Toronto lab, will talk about the Sailfish (a DB2 appliance that will have a premiere in a few months).
See you at the PDUG conference in Wroclaw!